Monday, October 10, 2016

The Tale of Spiritual Education Response

I believe that Harry Potter has many lessons/challenges to show and give in the movies and the book, which is what I read for this week and topic. I love Harry Potter and I learned a lot from the stories that JK Rowling wrote. However, this topic of having to think and talk about moral issues and spiritual challenges is something interesting where I actually have to look throughout what I've read and think hard about this.
For example what I've read in terms of moral issues you learn very fast that there's a separation of magic and non-magic. I believe this is used to connect younger audiences to show a sense of "not being apart of your muggle parents". Also you learn that there's a lot of rules of magic, such as when you first meet Hagrid he notes to Harry that magic shouldn't be used outside of Hogwarts. I suppose this reason to show the "rules" so early is to show us the viewers that stuff happens too where you need rules and laws. Eventually you learn more about these rules and realize how important they are to the Wizarding World. I also supposed they show the importance to get the viewers to realize that "hey maybe rules aren't so bad"
Finally I think that it's important that JK Rowling made it to where Harry Potter is raised from a very verbally abusive family, The Dursley's. This family of 3 treats Harry terribly, which is what you come into while reading the book and after the title in the movie. Regardless of when you see it, it's almost the first thing you notice about Harry Potter in his youth. Which as much as I hate to say it, but I believe it's a very good thing that this is how he is raised. The reason being, say Harry was brought onto know when he was very young that he is some "famous wizard", who is "the boy who lived". I believe he would have been going into Hogwarts with his head up high and a big ego following him, which I believe is what young adults are used to. However, they're not used to the most important person in the story being the one who was treated like crap. I believe this choice of seen was an important one that Rowling made. Also gave the viewers a sense of "hope" I supposed, showing that "anything is possible".
I love Harry Potter it is such a wonderful book and movie in so many reasons. This story is full of moral lessons for everyone regardless of who you are. Which is what JK Rowling wanted everyone to feel like, Hogwarts is always a place you can come back to.

No comments:

Post a Comment