Monday, December 5, 2016

Finals on Lit. of Horror, Fantasy and Sci-Fi

I enjoy this class a lot, not only being of what the course was about, but being of the professor teaching it and his ways of teaching. This semester of being apart of this interesting class has helped me better understand the realms of the three specific genres.
Not being a big fan of Horror I definitely learned a lot about the background of the genre and what makes a story fall under the horror genre. It's not very hard to figure out what's horror and what isn't, but I think the strategy of giving us movie and book examples really help me better understand what goes where on the horror chart. I'm still not a big fan of horror, but I do really enjoy those jump scares.
Fantasy was something I was really looking forward to, because I saw on the schedule what we were going to be talking about. Lets just say I'm a huge Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings nerd and when I talk about them, I talk about them. I love the whole fantasy outlook that people have, because you have such a free range of stuff you can create with your mind. Which is why Fantasy was my personal favorite genre to discuss during this course. However, away from Harry Potter and The Hobbit I also learned a lot of different types of fantasy that's out there and how very different they are in what they discuss and characteristics about them.
Sci-Fi was my second favorite topic to discuss because who doesn't like talking about cool future stuff and Star Wars? However, away from that I, as like the rest of the genres, learned a lot about this genre. Besides Star Wars I don't really watch a lot of Sci-Fi movies, unless there of the SyFy channel then I'll watch them. I did learn a lot thought about this specific genre and what different people consider Sci-Fi and how they put their own little twist on certain stuff.
David taught this course very well and I'm very glad I took it and didn't skip past it. I learned a lot about genres I thought I already knew quite a bit about. I also enjoyed David's way of teaching, I discussed it with him and I thought it was such as great and interesting way to teach a class and keep them engaged with what you're teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment