Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Diverse Position Science Fiction Response (BloodChild Response)

1.) What is your reaction to the text we just read?
I think the whole story was both interesting and odd, interesting because of the context and the subject matter and odd because of the way it was written. Talking about the idea of human and a type of other being which is alway interesting in stories. I think that is why I was interested in this story, because of the other being ideas. Also I got a sense of diversity or "racism" (probably too harsh of a word), but it shows different sides and the "battles" of them as well.

2.) What connections did you make with the story? Discuss the elements of the story with which you were able to connect.

Something I enjoy about stories is being able to connect to it, but I think that's what makes a good story as well. Connection wise with this story, I think the sense of emotion that the main character feels I suppose is what I connect to. I think Octavia Butler did a very good job at building up the emotion and getting the reader to connect and grow with it as well. Which is kind of where I connect to it, I feel like my emotions grew with the story as I kept reading.

3.) What changes would you make to adapt this story into another medium? What medium would you use? What changes would you make?

Since I'm very bias about photography, since I am a photography major. I this that making this story into a series of photographs would be really cool. Possibly not using all of the elements used, but using a lot of them, just ones that go with the specific subject. I'd probably want to use the existing characters, for example Gan and T'Gatoi for one of them. I want to focus on both side of the story, now just one of them. However, I'd want a consistent subject matter as well so it doesn't look like a bunch of mixed up images. 

No comments:

Post a Comment