Thursday, November 17, 2016

Literary Speculation Response

I ended up reading all of the  Cosmicomics readings instead of just reading the one that was requested. However, I believe these stories are all bizarre in a very interesting way. There is this whole idea of something we wouldn't think of being possible to live in and then they make it a reality in these stories. It's a sense of just accepting a sense of story telling that we just kind of accept? I do think that these stories are very out of the zone of story telling as well. By that I mean it's something that way out there that is awesome! Now I'm not speaking of just one specific story in Cosmiconics, I'm talking about all of them from "The Distance to the Moon" to "The Spiral". They're all a sense of where you have to think that "is this possible" and "if it did happen would that actually happen?".
I think it's cool and fascinating to not have a specific genre to your story or stories. A sense of imagination and "suspense" is what they leave you with. Also I think there's a hit of "rebelion" in this no genre thing, because it's like a new era of stories to not have a genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment