Monday, September 26, 2016

Witches and Women in Genre Response


The story that I read was "Aunt Maria (Black Mariah)" which was very interesting. The only witch book/story I've ever read was Harry Potter, so reading this story was very interesting. I believe that Aunt Maria portrayed what everyone thinks a witch actually is: rude, mean and manipulative. I'm not sure I enjoy this type of witch better, but it does pertain to a very popular type of witch. I get the feeling in terms of women this story shows that we're typically angry when things don't go our way. Also shows that once we have some type of "power" like Aunt Maria we manipulate everyone we meet (guys). Which personally I don't agree to, but that's what I get from this story and characters. Regardless I think Aunt Maria was very good for it being a witch story which I personally aren't into very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment